In today’s fast-paced world, one cannot take a break and breathe for a moment. You blink it; you miss it. Technology is evolving day by day. From inventing the first computer in 1943 named ENIAC to making Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning based automated robots and IoT devices, humans have never looked back. With evolving technology, it is crucial to keep upgrading yourself and your organization. Especially when your organization depends on the latest innovations.
In the last decade, one industry that has grown enormously is IoT. Internet of Things is yet new for a few out there. The industries have been generating various kinds of devices over the years, making human life easy. Such as computers, Air Conditioners, Mobile-phones, Vacuum Cleaner, Washing Machines, Refrigerators, etc.
However, in the last few years, with the help of new technology such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, devices got more intelligent and faster to make our day-to-day life easier.
What is Artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)?
Before we talk about how AI and ML plays an important role in the IoT industry, we must know what AI and ML are.
Machine Learning (ML) is a practice of analyzing the data that helps in automating the process. It is an idea that learns from the existing data, patterns and makes decisions on behalf of humans or with minimal human interference.
In comparison, Artificial intelligence (AI) is a comprehensive version of speech recognition, natural language processing, image recognition and machine learning. In a way, ML is a branch of AI where ML stands for learning things, processing and AI apply to learn and build an artificial brain of the system.
The Blend of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
Today’s world is adapting ML and AI rapidly and IoT helps organizations to capture their data from multiple sources. With the blend of AI and ML, IoT industries are seeing enormous amount of potential in the growth.
The two emerging technologies can be helpful for both common people and specialists. Where in one hand, IoT makes devices interacting with the internet, AI makes the devices learn from the data and patterns.
AI can pull off smart jobs like language translation, decision making, voice recognition and many more without any human intervention. While IoT makes interconnected gadgets and makes them communicate over a network.
The IoT gadgets have made our lives so comfort with the advanced technology. With the help of web connectivity, the gadgets generate humongous amount of user information that can be used to learn user’s behavior, patters, preferences, habits, personal details, etc. At the same time, many IoT businesses have no clue about the amount of data they can produce and could be helpful for their organizations to grow.
Where IoT gadgets would produce the data, ML and AI can Analyse and evaluate the data respectively and make use of it. In a way, AI and ML can be the pioneer to initiate the growth in the IoT evolution.
The Advanced Benefits for Businesses
When the AI as a technology was emerging, it was only capable of managing a few categories of tasks as it wasn’t associated with IoT and lack of data to process and act smart on it. The lack of extensibility and need of human intervention led AI nowhere. However, the contentious study and advanced technology led AI into the concept of IoT that leads to the evolution of IoT industry.
The capabilities of AI made the smart machines to execute the tasks easily in minutes, which could take a lot more time otherwise. This evaluation is going to change the way businesses do their job.
Because the bled of AI and ML in IoT has brought ease, high comfort and smartness. If your organization needs to sustain in this business, you got to adapt the AI to improve your product portfolio. There are no limitations here. This is going to bring a lot of new concepts.
Evolution of IoT Industry
The potentials changes that will be brought by the evolution of IoT industry with the blend of AI and ML could be as follow:
- Comfortable User Experience: The advanced sensors and AI come with plenty of opportunities to explore the product features. The detectors can learn the user preferences and change the values from the patterns. For an example, from your sleeping cycle, the smart air conditioners can turn themselves without any human intervention.
- Extensive Revenues: The joining hands between AI,Ml and IoT can bring substantial revenues and returns. The IoT data providers, IoT gadget manufacturers, businesses providing smart sensors are already coping up with the evolution and trying get greater revenues out of it.
- Minimizing Expenses: Analyzing the gadgets with the help of smart detectors, smart domestic appliances, smart electricity meters come with expenditure for businesses and households both.
- Improved Safety Standards: With 24*7 monitoring and a strict check, failure can be prevented. Thus, this brings an increase in the security and safety standards which leads to a boost in the productivity. In a way, it helps to reduce the damage to assets and loss of lives.
- New Products and Services: The association of AI and Ml with IoT can lead to new powerful products and services. Any gadget embedded with smart sensor and creative idea using ML and AI can lead to a successful product.
AI, ML embedded with IoT Products
A few examples of AI, Ml embedded with IoT products.
- Traffic Management: Traffic has been a real problem in most of the urban cities. There is a constant need of traffic management. Humans have been doing this job for years now. However, a smart traffic management can make things smooth with no chaos and confusion. A real time traffic can be monitored by drones that keep an eye on the traffic all the time and can learn from the data and predict the patterns, learn from it and make potential decisions as well.
- Smart Homes: IoT blended with AI and ML has opened N numbers of windows and a smart home is one of them. Smart homes can have all the devices interconnect and communicating with each other. It can give a smart and comfortable lifestyle. For example, you can turn on/off the devices remotely being away from home. An automated call to the fire department can be made in case of emergency at home.
- Face Detection: Face Detection is not a new technology anymore. However, one can implement this idea at various places and make the use of it. Such as to prevent rental crimes, or find a missing person, track attendance, etc.
- Body Sensors: In today’s time, the new smart detectors and sensors have touched new heights in technologies. For example, these sensors can help evaluating sugar levels, blood pressures and alert at times of emergency. A lot of companies are already funding in various medical sensors which can help the patients in monitoring their health.
Embedding AI and ML with IoT is one powerful technology. It is known as AIoT as well. Artificial Intelligence of things. AIoT makes human life and lifestyle much easier and more comfortable.
The ability of collecting the data and evaluating them make them able to make human-like decisions. It gives human a control to everything like their cars, home appliances, health. With no physical intervention, just a click away. It can monitor the large of people at once as well and give solutions to big world problems like traffic.
AIoT has a capacity of making any business smart and beneficial which can lead to great revenues and returns with the help of smart buildings, robots and various other smart devices.
The way AI has emerged as a technology, it has helped in various IT organizations as well to monitor their network, applications, database, server and everything that comes with it. Motadata being such a solution, not just monitor your organization assets but alerts you as well in case of emergency.
With the universal dashboard, every single activity can be monitored with one glance at it. The insights can be helpful to know what went wrong. Just the way there are devices that monitor the health of your body, it helps your organization to monitor its health and helps you keeping it up and running. Where AI and ML is an essential for IoT industry, it is already giving solutions for your organization with the help of AI and ML.